Week of November 21, 2016 Archives
RealClearReligion Morning Edition
Monday, November 21The Passion of Martin Scorsese
- Paul Elie, New York Times Magazine50 Jews Who Have Impacted American Life in 2016
- ForwardHow Technology Helped Luther Change Christianity
- Tom Gjelten, NPRA Pastor's Message to Evangelical Trump Voters
- Geoff Holsclaw, WaPoChristian Colleges Grapple With Trump's Election
- Kirkland An, RNSThe Election Forces Us to Talk about Race
- James T. Roberson III, CTThe Transformation of White Evangelicals
- Robert P. Jones, TimeLutherans Return Codex to Orthodox
- John Fotopoulos, Public OrthodoxyFaith Leaders Take on Guns
- Norman Jameson, Baptist News GlobalThe Cardinal Who Is Trying to Save Chicago
- Emma Green, The AtlanticPope Extends Jubilee Mandate on Abortion
- Catholic News AgencyWas the Holy Year of Mercy a Success?
- John L. Allen Jr., Crux
Tuesday, November 22Rewriting the Biblical "Curse" on Womankind
- Chenxin Jiang, AtlanticThe Quest for Confident Pluralism
- Gordon Haber, Religion & PoliticsReligious Freedom Ambassador Reflects on Work
- Kelsey Dallas, DeseretMinority Faiths Brace for Battle Against Trump
- Lauren Markoe, RNSPro-Israel and White Nationalist at the Same Time?
- Tom Gjelten, NPRIs It Time to Abandon the Label Evangelical?
- Ron Sider, CTCalvinist Environmentalism?
- John Murdock, First ThingsMeanwhile, United Methodists...
- Martin E. Marty, SightingsReflections for the End of the Year of Mercy
- Conor Sweeney, ABC R&EPope Francis' Race Against Time to Reshape the Church
- NY TimesWhen the Pope Talks, It's Not Always About Us
- Ines San Martin, CruxIn Biblical Lands of Iraq, Christianity Is in Peril
- Moni Basu, CNN
Wednesday, November 23Reframing Religious Liberty
- Jacob Lupfer, Commonweal MagazineEmbracing Varieties of Religious Experience
- Liz Mineo, On FaithForces of Fragmentation
- Rod Dreher, The American ConservativeOur Appetite for Fake News Does Real Harm
- The Editors, AmericaChurches With Conservative Theology Still Growing
- Emily Miller, RNSHow Did Obama Win White Evangelical Votes?
- Michael Wear, WaPoLife as a Minority and a Christian
- Dennis R. Edwards, Missio AllianceDid Churches Remain Above the Electoral Fray?
- Jessica Martinez, PewDalai Lama: "I Have No Worries" About Trump's Election
- APVideo: What Does It Mean to Be Muslim?
- VoxGypsies Have Adopted Fervent Christianity
- Alex Strangwayes-Booth, BBCCatholic Church Has a New Confession App
- John Bingham, The Telegraph
Thursday, November 24What Are Americans Thankful For?
- Bob Smietana, LifeWay ResearchThanksgiving Isn't the Only Time for Thankfulness
- Claire Gecewicz, PewGluttony and the Seven Deadly Sins
- Kimberly Winston, RNSWhy Feasting Is Not Sinning
- Peggy Fletcher Stack, Salt Lake TribuneWhat Is Behind the Turkey Pardoning Ritual?
- Tobin Shearer, RCReligionThanksgiving, the Pilgrims' American Jewish Holiday
- Ed Simon, TabletNot All Turkey and Touchdowns
- Thomas S. Kidd, The Gospel CoalitionThanksgiving, a Celebration of Inequality
- Leigh Eric Schmidt, The AtlanticJesus Wants an Awkward Thanksgiving Dinner
- D.L. Mayfield, CTRecipes for a Revolution
- Lee Hull Moses, Christian CenturyThe Forgotten Virtue of Gratitude
- John Fea, The Way of ImprovementMuslims Give Thanks, 5,000 Turkeys
- Manya Brachear Pashman, Chi Trib